- 1 bunch beets, tops trimmed to 1 inch
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups semi-pearled farro or wheat berries
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange beets in single layer in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Cover with foil and roast until beets are tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Trim beets; peel. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
Cook farro according to package directions. Drain. Transfer to large bowl. Stir 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and garlic into hot farro. Cool to room temperature.
Cut each beet into 6 to 8 wedges. Add beets, onion, and parsley to farro; toss to incorporate evenly. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons vinegar in small bowl. Drizzle over salad. Add feta cheese; toss to coat.